The 6-kilometer journey to Yamunotri temple from Jankichatti is made easier by amenities like water stations, benches, and resting areas. Along the road, there are little tea shops where you can get tea. Getting to Yamunotri Temple will take two to three hours.
Yamunotri, one of the four “Char Dham” pilgrimage locations, is where the sacred Yamuna River originates. You would need to organize a Yamunotri Trek trip to believe in its presence of seductive natural beauty and impregnable sense of spirituality and holiness. Situated at an altitude of 3292 meters amid snow-covered Garhwal Himalayan mountains in Uttarkashi District of Uttarakhand.
In this area stands the Yamunotri Temple, which was created by Maharani Guleria of Jaipur as the home of the Hindu Goddess Yamuna. Devout travelers from around the nation travel to Yamunotri to pay their respects and ask the god’s blessings, and they frequently visit this auspicious temple.
About the Yamunotri
One of the best things to do in Uttarakhand’s Garhwal Himalayan region is unquestionably a trek to Yamunotri. The spirit of untouched natural surroundings, the thrill of adventure, and so much more. This three-day walk, which begins in Dehradun, is neither strenuous nor difficult, making it the perfect pastime for novice and expert hikers alike.
Your journey to Jankichatti, the beginning site of the trip, will begin when you arrive in Dehradun for the first leg of the Yamunotri Trek tour. During the trip, you would feel at ease and get a sense of the local landscape thanks to the stunning scenery and lekker weather. The 12-kilometer trek would be completed the following day, bringing the journey to a close on the day.
- As you get to the Dehradun Train Station, your Yamunotri Trekking journey will begin.
- You would then be driven to Jankichattii by one of our representatives in a private vehicle, where you would enjoy the beautiful scenery of the towering mountains, a profusion of vegetation, and the bright skies.
- You will arrive at Jankichatti Trek Base Camp after a 6 to 7-hour, arduous hike where a hot dinner and cozy lodgings will be waiting for you.
- Stay the night to recharge for the next day.
- You will awaken to the sounds of nature at dawn and then enjoy a hearty breakfast.
- You will start your Yamunotri Trekking trip from Jankichatti later in the morning and go around 6 kilometers to the Yamunotri Temple. The ascent will take between two and three hours to accomplish one way.
- There would be conveniences like rest stops, water refill stations, tea shops, and benches to sit on along the journey. In addition, you would be soothed by the alluring beauty of the forests, mountains, and other wild plants.
- You would be halfway through the Yamunotri Trekking expedition and at the Yamunotri Temple by lunchtime.
- Later, you will begin your descent and return to the Jankichatti Trek Base Camp for an overnight stay.
- After a filling breakfast, the final day of this amazing Yamunotri Trekking trip would begin with some sightseeing and exploring in Jankichatti (if time permits).
- Finally, you would board a car and go back to Dehradun, where you would continue on your way home.