Time to open the Gates that were chained and Rusted
The Uttarakhand Govt. has finally released an SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) on 11/12/2020 for reopening of colleges and Universities from 15th December, after almost 8-9 months of closure. Earlier on 10th December, the state had decided to open the colleges for students in the offline mode.
SOP as of now for Colleges
- Only the students that have practical subjects as a part of their course to be allowed in the first phase, which comes out to be students either in their first or last year.
- The written consent of the parents is also mandatory allowing their wards to enter the college premises.
- To control the number of students under a limited capacity.
- Increase the number of sections
- Classes in multiple shifts
- Offline classes in alternate days
- It also suggests the colleges come up with virtual labs in order to conduct practicals
- COVID 19 test to be undertaken mandatorily for residential students and days scholars.
Is it Practical enough to conduct Practicals?
The steps are welcome as the education sector has been continuously bearing the brunt of the pandemic. Although, the danger is still out there but taking precautions and being cautious of our own can reduce the intensity and spread by a considerable extent.
Let’s see if there is any other development in the coming days. We must hope for the speedy recovery of the sector as the vaccination process is expected to start very soon.