What can be a wholesome food with all the required benefits along with the taste worthy of a preferred choice?
RAGI (Finger Millet) is a whole grain. Whole grain has many health benefits.
They not only help in maintaining the nutrient level but also assist in weight loss and reduce the risk of many chronic diseases.
Ragi, also known as Finger Millet, is a nutrient-rich whole grain that has gained popularity for its numerous health benefits. As a whole grain, ragi retains all parts of the grain – the bran, germ, and endosperm – making it a wholesome and nutritious choice. Its versatility and nutritional profile have contributed to its inclusion in various cuisines around the world.
Whole grains, including ragi, offer a plethora of health benefits. They are rich in essential nutrients such as fiber, vitamins, and minerals. One of the key advantages of consuming whole grains is their ability to help maintain optimal nutrient levels in the body. The presence of fiber in ragi aids in digestion and promotes a healthy digestive system.
Moreover, incorporating ragi into your diet may assist in weight loss. The high fiber content in whole grains contributes to a feeling of fullness, reducing overall calorie intake. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals looking to manage their weight or adopt a healthier lifestyle.
Beyond weight management, the consumption of whole grains like ragi has been associated with a decreased risk of chronic diseases. Research suggests that regular intake of whole grains may help lower the risk of heart disease, diabetes, and certain types of cancers. The unique combination of nutrients in ragi, including antioxidants, contributes to its potential in promoting overall health and well-being.
Ragi is a gluten-free grain, making it an excellent option for individuals with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease. It is also a good source of iron, which is crucial for maintaining healthy blood levels and preventing conditions such as anemia.
Incorporating ragi into your diet can be done in various ways. It can be used to prepare porridge, flatbreads, dosas, and even desserts. The versatility of ragi makes it easy to include in both sweet and savory dishes, allowing individuals to enjoy its health benefits without compromising on taste.
Why are whole grains seen as the best choice for a healthy mind and body?
- It is gluten-free, promotes health and a hearty lifestyle, and the digestive system is improved because of the fibre content.
- They are low-glycemic foods and do not cause gut inflammation.
- They are prebiotic (induce the activity and growth of beneficial microorganisms) and are filled with micronutrients.
What makes RAGI a special Whole Grain?
- The magnesium content found in Ragi is responsible for controlling hair loss.
- Ragi also increases blood circulation in your body which helps in hair growth.
- It acts as an anti-wrinkle agent because of its energy-balancing property. It helps in removing dead skin and provides a glow due to its rejuvenating nature.
- It helps in controlling dandruff thus giving hair the chance to be on your head and shine bright. It has the properties of balancing the Vata (energy of movement) and Pita energy of digestion).
- It helps in maintaining cholesterol because of its Ama (toxins) reducing property. It removes the blockage from the blood vessels by eliminating Ama.
- Being a good source of calcium, it helps in strengthening bones helping Vata (energy of movement). This helps in reducing the risk of osteoporosis and Arthritis.